Welcome to Telling History the website of historian, writer, folklorist and storyteller Maureen James.
By clicking on the categories links on the right you can find information on the diverse stands of Maureen's career:
- Writer and researcher on Historical topics (includes links to online Smallholder articles)
- Speaker and Lecturer to WI's, Local History Groups and Museum societies
- Teacher for the WEA running courses connected to the research interests
- Research connected with Doctoral Thesis on the Legends of the Lincolnshire Carrs (including a Linkisheere Glossary)
- Living History activities
- Historical storyteller for museums, heritage sites and events
- Feedback on the various strands
- Forums (not yet active – I am still learning about this...)
- Gallery of photographs
- Resources (Freebies) – mainly articles on Historical topics.
- Many pages on Thomas Clarkson (and his brother John) and the Abolition of Slavery – this work forms the pages of the Clarkson's Society (www.thomasclarkson.org)
- Information on Fables, Tales and Folklore - Fenland (Storytelling and Folklore group).
Current Projects I am working on include
- Finding a publisher for my PhD thesis on The Legends of the Lincolnshire Carrs
- Running WEA courses on the Myths and Legends of Cambridgeshire and the Fens, the Folklore and Customs of Cambridgeshire, The Wars of the Roses and Thomas Clarkson and the Abolition of Slavery. To find out more see the Cambs & Beds WEA brochure
By clicking on the tabs at the top of the page you can
- Read my biography to find out how the diverse strands of my career fit together
- Contact me by filling in the form.
- You can also contact me direct using the following address maureen[at]tellinghistory[dot]co[dot]uk
- Follow some of my favourite links
- Sign in to use my forum (when I start to use it properly).